Center for Early Childhood Substitute
The Music Settlement has openings for Early Childhood Classroom Teachers. Established in 1955, The Music Settlement has earned a reputation for excellence in all aspects of early childhood education and is recognized as one of the outstanding preschool programs in Northeast Ohio. The program has a strong emphasis on the arts, literacy and science.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Plan, implement and supervise a classroom program for children ages 3 – 5 in accordance with the philosophies and policies of the school, Step Up to Quality, Universal PreKindergaren, and Ohio Licensing regulations.
Specific DUTIES include:
- Design and maintain a classroom environment for children that is developmentally appropriate and encourages and supports their exploration and experimentation;
- Plans for children’s learning using a developmentally appropriate curriculum stemming from children’s as well as teacher’s ideas which meet Ohio State Standards for early childhood curriculum;
- Supervise and monitor the safety, activity and behavior of children through observation and interaction;
- Prepare weekly lesson plans, and ongoing portfolios;
- Establish a positive school/home relationship through posted weekly lesson plans, a monthly newsletter, parent teacher conferences, daily interactions with parents and the use of parent volunteers;
- Attend staff meetings and school wide functions as scheduled.
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or related field.
- Day Care or Preschool classroom experience.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
REPORTS TO: Early Childhood Administrator
CLASSIFICATION: Hours vary
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.