We've been at home together for a while now, so we're sure you've figured out what works for you. Routine is important so kids know what to expect out of their days, but today we're challenging you to switch up some of those expected activities for extra engagement from your kids.
Yes, official Opposite Day is actually in January, but any day can be Opposite Day!
Try some or all of the ideas below:
- Story time outside
- Lunch picnic on the floor
- Make breakfast for dinner
- Write a letter to family or friends instead of FaceTime or Zoom
- Blow bubbles inside
- Add color to bath water for a fun surprise
- Bring water play inside (with lots of towels!)
- Wear your clothes inside out, wear a bathing suit, have pajama day
- Practice writing names backwards
- Walk backwards (when safe!)
What else can you come up with together?