Watercolor painting with spray bottles is a way for your child to be super creative with their painting. This is an easy and fun technique to try indoors or outdoors!
- Liquid watercolor paint (or food coloring)
- Spray bottles (you can use any size, but the 2 oz. travel spray bottles work well with smaller children)
- White paper (heavy construction or scrapbook cardstock)
- Plastic tray or shallow box top (if you need to keep paper in place). You can also tape a large piece of paper up outdoors for extended fun!
- Pour liquid watercolor paint into a spray bottle. Add water. It should be a 50/50 mixture of water and paint. Shake and paint!!
This idea can also be used with an old white t-shirt or a white sheet that you can hang outdoors. If you'd like to color a shirt, make sure to use liquid fabric paint. Have fun!!