Marketing Program Manager
CLASSIFICATION: Full time, exempt
PRIMARY PURPOSE: The Marketing Project Manager is responsible for carrying out, in concert with an external agency, the organization’s marketing and communications activities and oversees the delivery of a fully integrated marketing strategy for the organization.
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Advancement
- Developing and managing a content calendar and scheduling deadlines including, but not limited to social media, email marketing, internal and external communications.
- Maintaining an up-to-date understanding of the organization, it’s programs and services, and its customer base to support execution of marketing campaigns.
- Managing marketing projects and events from beginning to end.
- Meet regularly with the Vice President of Advancement and the relevant Board Committee members to share progress on marketing plan implementation and metrics.
- Serve as community engagement liaison for The Music Settlement; coordinate and manage community-related events and appearances.
- Maintain regular office hours and availability to staff and faculty and attend regularly scheduled staff planning meetings and retreats.
- Work with the Enrollment and Customer Service staff to ensure accurate registrations systems design, registration go-live, and analysis as applicable to marketing and communications.
- Collaborate effectively with department Chairs and VP of Advancement, providing counsel on marketing and communications-related issues and serve their marketing and communications-related needs in a timely, effective, and collegial manner.
- Oversee maintenance of The Music Settlement’s website ensuring current, accurate, and engaging content.
- Assist with the development and management of a comprehensive volunteer program.
- Manage the Settlement’s Brand strategy; ensure consistent delivery of institutional brand through all marketing and communications efforts.
- Manage operational administrative aspects of the marketing department including, but not limited to account maintenance, documentation, invoicing.
- Consult with Chief of Staff regarding procurement of all Settlement-branded promotional items and office supplies.
- Work with marketing agency to implement, monitor, and track annual marketing plans with accurate, consistent and timely communications; communicate results.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in communications, marketing, English, or related field required. Two to five years of experience in marketing, writing, or related field preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to successfully work with all TMS constituents
- Experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher) and proficiency in formatting and merging documents is required; Experience with design software such as Canva is highly desirable
- Proficiency with the use of social media platforms, Google Analytics, and Search Engine Management
- Experience in public and media relations, pitching stories to garner earned media, and tracking media coverage is desirable
- Must be a team player who links the resources available to the offerings of The Music Settlement to grow market share and brand strength
- Successful candidate will be extremely well organized, have a strong sense of teamwork, and possess strong initiative to help further the goals and objectives of The Settlement
- Candidates must be very detail-oriented, anticipate next steps, and be able to follow directions as given
- Other required competencies include resourcefulness, ability to multi-task, effective time management skills, professionalism, confidentiality, and strong customer service skills
- Previous work experience with website maintenance is highly desirable
- A passion for TMS’ Mission, Core Values, programs, and services
- Adherence to all established personnel policies and practices of The Music Settlement. As a TMS staff member, the individual must encourage a respectful, collaborative, and productive work environment.
Occasional evening and weekend hours are required.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, list of three references, and at least two writing samples (examples include social media posts, press release, collateral material).
TMS is an equal opportunity employer and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, or any other basis protected under applicable law.
Apply for this position
Back to Careers