MARCH 25, 2020 UPDATE:
In an effort to address the many questions that have arisen during the COVID-19 pandemic, we have created a Frequently Aked Questions (FAQs) section on our site (the right-hand side of this page when viewing from computer or tablet; scroll down when viewing on mobile). These FAQs have also been emailed to our various constituents. Please contact us if any questions still remain. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we do our best to serve our community.
MARCH 23, 2020 UPDATE:
Click here to view today's letter from TMS President & CEO Geri Presti announcing the latest news stemming from the COVID-19 pandemic. The letter provides more details related to our building closure and suspension of all programs and services (currently effective until April 6th for TMS and April 11th for the BOP STOP), as well as our recently instituted remote work plans for administrative staff.
MARCH 13, 2020 UPDATE:
The Music Settlement (TMS) is working around the clock to ensure the health and safety of our customers, employees and community during this current COVID-19 public health concern. We are assessing our policies and practices on an ongoing basis, remaining proactive and thoughtful, most particularly in considering the health and safety of our constituents.
On Thursday, March 12th, Governor DeWine mandated that all K-12 schools in Ohio, both public and private, close for a three-week Spring Break from March 16 - April 3, 2020 to slow the spread of COVID-19. While TMS does not explicitly fall under the state’s order, this precipitates a staffing challenge in Early Childhood to maintain appropriate teacher: student ratios in all classrooms.
Therefore, TMS, with Board approval, has made the difficult but socially responsible decision to close, effective Friday, March 13, 2020 at 7:00pm. At this time, we plan to re-open Monday, April 6th; however, as this is a continuously evolving situation, TMS’s re-opening date may change.
Specific details for each of our Centers and BOP STOP related to this closing are outlined below. Again, this is a continually evolving situation; we will communicate updates as they become available.
- BOP STOP is closed from Friday 3/13 through Friday 4/10.
- Please check the web calendar for updated show information for events after 4/10. If a show is posted then it has not been canceled, On evenings with no event listed the BOP STOP is closed. TMS Calendar of Events
- If you purchased a ticket to a show that has been canceled you will receive an email from BOP STOP advising how to obtain a refund or donate your ticket purchase. Please be patient with us as over thirty events have been canceled.
- Questions or concerns may be directed to Gabe Pollack, BOP STOP Director at email@example.com or 216.771.6551.
Center for Music:
- All courses/programs are suspended Saturday, March 14th through Saturday, April 4th, including Groups, Ensembles, Private Lessons, Classes, Immersive programs
- All programs are currently scheduled to resume Monday, April 6, 2020
- Make-up Schedule: with the increased volume of make-ups due to this closing, we will extend the private lesson make-up period to August 30, 2020 for all programs/courses
- Events: effective Friday, March 13, 2020, all Center for Music events are cancelled through April 6, 2020. This includes, but is not limited to, recitals, concerts, master classes, workshops, and visiting guest artists
- Private lesson instruction: TMS is working with its private lesson faculty to explore the possibility of providing distance-learning lessons as an alternative. While not ideal, it may be an option, in some instances, to continue instruction during this unexpected break, should it be possible and agreed upon by all parties
- Music outreach programs: in observance of the mandatory school shutdown by Governor DeWine, all programs at public and private schools will cease from March 17 through April 4 (or longer, should the state shutdown period be extended)
- Questions or concerns may be directed to Matt Charboneau, Chair for the Center for Music at firstname.lastname@example.org or 216.421.5806 ext. 180
Center for Early Childhood:
- All programming, except Kindergarten, (Day School, Preschool, Arts for the Young classes) is suspended Saturday, March 14, 2020 through Saturday, April 4, 2020
- STEM programs are suspended until April 4th
- Kindergarten will provide remote instruction to its students the weeks of March 16th and March 30th (the week of March 23rd is the originally scheduled Spring Break)
Center for Music Therapy
- Several outreach agency partners have confirmed cancellations with TMS and will not receive music therapy services throughout the month of March. For a full list of cancelled agency partners, please contact the Center for Music Therapy Administrative Assistant, Britteny Cyphers at 216.421.5806 ext. 104 or email@example.com
- Updated 3/23/20: All Center for Music Therapy on-site sessions have been suspended.
- TMS is extending its courtesy make-up period for rescheduled sessions to August 30, 2020
- Arts for Us programs are cancelled until further notice
- Questions or concerns may be directed to Anne Reed, Interim Chair for the Center for Music Therapy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 216.421.5806 ext. 246