The primary purpose of the Senior Registrar is to assist in efficient daily operation of the business office with an emphasis on registration and customer service. The Senior Registrar maximizes processes and procedures while perceiving challenges and working to prevent them, thus providing better customer service.
The Music Settlement seeks a mature professional with the following experiences and qualifications:
- Associate’s degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Customer Service Experience:
- Six months to a year of customer service experience required, preferably in a non-profit or school setting. Qualified candidates will possess excellent time management skills, attention to detail, patience and grace under pressure, especially when handling challenging situations with customers, faculty, and staff.
- Language and Communication Skills:
- Reads and comprehends simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; Writes simple correspondence; Presents information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees.
- Mathematical Skills:
- Adds, subtracts, multiplies, and divides in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Computer and Technology Skills:
- Computer skills and familiarity with operating basic office equipment required. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook required. Experience with ActiveNet database system strongly preferred. Ability to learn new programs and/or software.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Knowledge of music and music therapy preferred but not required.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Assist with policy development
- Finalize and implement procedures and policies; streamline internal communication within the organization
- Primary contact for ACTIVE registration software including training; troubleshooting and updates; and support.
- Point person for annual course copy over
- Finance duties:
- Third party protocols
- Processing checks and payments
- Help to establish and maintain organizational calendar, room schedule, and teacher schedules.
- Point person for Facilities Rentals
- Answer registration phone calls and inquiries; Collect and manage customer information;
- Primary customer service representative for Center for Music registration; assist with Music Therapy registration as needed.
- Welcome on-site visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Monitor visitor access and issues passes when required.
- Handle out-going mail and faxes. Performs other clerical duties.
- Responsible for Petty Cash bank and reconciliation of related expenses and receipts.
- Receive and accurately post cash / check / credit card tuition payments received at the window and main extension in a timely manner.
- Work with Director of Finance to process and manage check payments per the Finance Departments processes. Daily cash receipts.
- Receive and process Gifts in Kind and Donations
- Create invoices and run bills monthly; post and send out
- Other duties as assigned.
Title: Senior Registrar
Classification: Full time, exempt
Reports to: Chair, Center for Music
The Music Settlement is an equal opportunity employer and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Apply for this position
Back to Careers